E-commerce has become a thriving industry in recent years. With the advent of mobile devices, e-commerce platforms have become easier than ever before to set up and run. It’s also easier to track customer behaviour and make improvements to your business. But there are so many options out there! It can be hard to know where to start—so we’ve gathered together our top 10 best e-commerce platforms for 2023. E-commerce platforms are the backbone of any online business. They provide a platform for you to establish your presence as an online store, as well as an avenue for you to sell your products and services. With so many ecommerce platforms available today, it can be confusing to choose which one is right for you. Here are the best 10 e-commerce platforms in 2023
What is the best ecommerce platform?
There are hundreds of e-commerce platforms available, each with its own set of capabilities that are appropriate for different types of businesses. But, to save you from analysis paralysis, we’ve compiled a list of the best eCommerce systems below. We hope that our guide will help you decide what to buy quickly.
Top 10 best eCommerce platforms in 2022
The top 10 best eCommerce platforms in 2022:
1. Shopify: Shopify is one of the world’s most prominent e-commerce platforms. According to BuiltWith, almost 4 million live ecommerce websites are presently using Shopify. The platform is extremely adaptable and can handle nearly any type of business, both B2B and B2C, online and offline, and ranging from side hustle boutiques to huge companies.
Shopify advantages: A fully hosted solution with PCI-DSS level 1 compliance and an SSL certificate. Storage, bandwidth, and goods are all unlimited. Quick loading time. The platform with the best usability. Shopify understands how to make commerce more efficient and convenient for everyone. Scalable and suitable for a wide range of businesses Themes are beautiful and customisable. Built-in marketing tools, as well as a blog CMS. A massive app shop with over 7,500 apps. Extensive free learning tools to assist merchants in developing a successful business.
Shopify disadvantages: Some of the default capabilities are quite minimal, so you’ll eventually need to purchase additional apps from the Shopify App Store. If you want to build your business using Shopify, this is unavoidable. It’s similar to how if you have a WordPress site, you must use plugins. If you use a payment gateway other than Shopify Payments, you will be charged transaction fees. Fortunately, Shopify Payments accepts all popular payment methods, and there are no costs for manual payment methods (COD, money orders, bank transfers, etc.). Front-end customization is not difficult. It’s a different situation if you want to get into the rear end. Deep customisation frequently necessitates coding ability, the purchase of an app, or collaboration with a Shopify partner (this is not a real problem with Shopify Plus – the enterprise plan)
2.BigCommerce: BigCommerce is well-known for being the world’s most popular open SaaS e-commerce platforms. The platform is also well-known for its low total cost of ownership and extremely adaptable APIs.
Pros of BigCommerce: An open SaaS platform that enables for easy customization. A plethora of built-in features Inventory and order management that is complex Industry-leading APIs. There are no transaction costs.
BigCommerce disadvantages: BigCommerce restricts the amount of annual sales you may make with each Essential plan. When you exceed the threshold, you will be automatically upgraded to the more expensive plan. More information can be found on their price website (scroll down to the “Online sales per year” section). If you make a lot of sales, this is a little investment that you should not be concerned about. Although the UI of BigCommerce is very simple, the sophisticated built-in functionality can create a steep learning curve for newbies. Furthermore, it can be over complicated for simple stores.
3. Magento Ecommerce: Magento (formerly Adobe Commerce) is one of the world’s most popular e-Commerce platforms. Although it is well-known for being quite sophisticated, this platform has numerous advantages that make it one of the top ecommerce systems.
Some notable advantages of utilising Magento eCommerce: Versatile content management: The backend and content management interface adhere to the premise “what you see is what you get,” allowing store owners to quickly add and customise features on their online stores. Configuration for mobile devices: The Magento user interface and shopping carts are responsive to smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. Advanced search engine optimization: With SEO efficiency, online retailers have a better chance of ranking well on search engines like Google, Bing, and others. Strong and spacious: The platform enables for a site with up to 500,000 products and a processing rate of 80,000 orders per hour. Magento allows your online stores to interface with third-party modules or apps such as MailChimp, Go.
4. 3DCart: In 20 years of service, 3DCart has supported over 22,000 online businesses with robust and secure e-Commerce platform software. The company is dedicated to assisting online merchants in creating online stores that rank better and sell more.
5.WooCommerce: WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin that allows businesses to easily convert their WordPress sites into online stores while also providing additional paid services and integrating choices to streamline shopping cart operations.
6. Salesforce Commerce Cloud: Salesforce’s CRM solutions are well-known. The company promises that the world’s first CRM available with Einstein AI will help you build your e-commerce platforms‘ customer relationships and flourish. Salesforce is not ideal for small brands or first-time online sellers because of its high cost and sophisticated technology needs.
7.Squarespace: Squarespace is a user-friendly e-commerce platform that allows users with no technical experience to create attractive websites. This all-in-one platform provides everything you need to maintain and build your business website, whether you’re a novice or an established brand. They provide hosting in all accessible packages and provide several features and tools for establishing an eCommerce website. Squarespace is well-known for its award-winning designs, which has propelled it to the forefront of website design for world-class designers. You can personalise your web pages by using seamless templates and simple drag-and-drop tools.
8. Instamojo: Instamojo’s free online stores enable small and micro enterprises to launch online businesses on their own terms. These ready-to-use stores include essential e-commerce platforms tools and capabilities, as well as an integrated payment gateway and shipping services.
Features: You may establish a functional online store that is faithful to your business identity by selecting one of 30+ themes. For the best conversion rates, all eCommerce websites are mobile optimised. Ship to over 26,000 different zip codes with the integrated shipping services. With built-in analytics, you can better understand your customers. With Instamojo’s rapid payouts, you can keep control of your cash flow. To increase sales, easily integrate your online business with social media. Use the 40+ apps available in the Instamojo app store to automate your business.
9. Appy Pie Website: Appy Pie is well-known for its objective to democratise technology by making it available to and inexpensive to anyone. Anyone with an internet-connected smartphone may use Appy Pie’s no-code website builder to create their own website in minutes. The platform has a lego-like architecture, allowing customers to select an e-commerce platform piece and add it to their website without coding.
Absolutely no-code: The platform is fully no-code, which means users do not need to learn new skills or engage expert resources to develop apps.
Several templates: Appy Pie’s website builder provides a variety of appealing and practical eCommerce website layouts.
Interface with drag-and-drop functionality: The website builder includes a fun drag-and-drop interface that makes the entire website construction process more enjoyable. It allows anyone to drag & drop the eCommerce feature block into their website.
Cross-platform compatibility: This website builder is compatible with any internet-connected device, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. There is no need to purchase or download any specialised equipment or software.
10.Quick eSelling: Quick eSelling is a SaaS e-commerce platform that allows global business owners to create a free online store.